As you analyze your chosen ad, you’ll want to consider these questions:
- Who created this ad, for what purpose, and where did or does the advertisement air?
- What historical/social/political situation is the ad’s creator responding to? (Ethos, Pathos, Logos)
- What effects does the ad have on the reader?
- What specific rhetorical strategies does the ad use to establish ethos/credibility, or to appeal logically and/or emotionally to the reader?
- Are you part of the audience for which this ad is intended? Why or why not?
- How successfully are the creator’s ideas communicated to the audience?
- 7-8 pages (2000-3000 words), MLA format, double-spaced, 12 point font, include WorksCited, use quotes from ad
- 3-4 secondary sources: These sources are in addition to the primary text you choose for your analysis. These secondary sources can come from our textbook, our library, websites, or newspapers.
link for the ad
Do some research to find out its social, historical, cultural contexts on Serena Williams, Colin Kaepernick, LeBron James.
Your role is to make observations about how the creator makes his/her argument and whether the ad’s rhetorical moves are effective.
The post Write a rhetorical analysis on a commercial first appeared on https://essaylords.us.
Write a rhetorical analysis on a commercial
was first posted on January 5, 2021 at 9:46 am.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org