Suppose you are an active member of a community blog site that focuses on current events. The administrator of the blog has contacted you and asked you to write a blog on recent national events involving law enforcement agencies. The title of the blog is to be “Conflict and Power.”
Search the Capella library and the Internet to locate resources that address the dynamics of power and conflict (in particular, with relation to law enforcement), the relational theory of power, perceptions of power, and how things such as gender, culture, and ethnicity can affect that perception.
Complete the following:
- Describe the factors or conditions that contribute to conflict situations between law enforcement and citizens.
- Explain how perceptions of power may contribute to conflict situations between law enforcement and members of a community. Be sure you consider the perceptions of both the police and individual citizens.
- Use the relational theory of power to explain how perceptions of power affect the ability to resolve police–community conflict.
- Identify strategies you believe might be effective in reducing or resolving conflicts between police and communities.
- Choose one strategy and determine the likely outcome.
Although an actual blog would not have any specific formatting, format this assessment following APA guidelines. This format will facilitate faculty evaluation and feedback.
- Submit 3–5 typed, double-spaced pages, not including title and reference pages.
- Use 12-point, Times New Roman font.
- Include a title page and reference page.
- Cite at least 3 current scholarly or professional resources.
Submit Your Assignment and get professional help from our qualified experts!
write a 3 5 page blog post that explains how individual perceptions of power can create conflict situations between law enforcement and members of a community use the relational theory of power to explain how perceptions affect the ability to resolve con was first posted on July 15, 2020 at 10:43 am.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com