Purpose: The objective of this assignment is to apply health and culture concepts from the readings to The World Health Organization (WHO). This assignment is worth 100 points.
Instructions: The WHO is the premier health organization representing a global collaboration of diverse health needs and programs. Of the various health topics important to its mission, the WHO is very active in learning and addressing issues related to the social determinants of health. According to its website:
The social determinants of health are the conditions in which people are born, grow, live, work and age, including the health system. These circumstances are shaped by the distribution of money, power and resources at global, national and local levels, which are themselves influenced by policy choices. The social determinants of health are mostly responsible for health inequities – the unfair and avoidable differences in health status seen within and between countries.
Social determinants of health are inextricably linked to culture, and there are alarming statistics about global health. After reviewing 10 facts about health inequities and their causes (http://www.who.int/features/factfiles/health_inequ…), think about what stands out to you. What do you find most surprising or troubling? What do you think you might do from your individual perspective to understand health disparities in your community? Are there groups, non-profit organizations, or health institutions currently working to address health disparities in our city?
- After reviewing the areas, pick one and respond in a paper with a minimum 1500 words about the significance of the chosen area.
- Apply one or more of the Unit 7 readings to your paper.
- APA Style preferred, but MLA style will also be accepted.
- APA Formatting and Style Guide https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01…
- MLA Formatting and Style Guide https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01…
- Sources must be listed on a References page
The essay must be typed and submitted on BB. You MUST upload your assignment to TurnItIn. The link is above. Failure to properly submit your assignment will result in a 5-point penalty.
Papers will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
Context of and Purpose for Writing (20%): Includes considerations of audience, purpose, and the circumstances surrounding the writing task(s).
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of context, audience, and purpose that is responsive to the assigned task(s) and focuses all elements of the work.
- Demonstrates adequate consideration of context, audience, and purpose and a clear focus on the assigned task(s) (e.g., the task aligns with audience, purpose, and context).
- Demonstrates awareness of context, audience, purpose, and to the assigned tasks(s) (e.g., begins to show awareness of audience’s perceptions and assumptions).
- Demonstrates minimal attention to context, audience, purpose, and to the assigned tasks(s) (e.g., expectation of instructor or self as audience).
Content Development (30%)
- Uses appropriate, relevant, and compelling content to illustrate mastery of the subject, conveying the writer’s understanding, and shaping the whole work.
- Uses appropriate, relevant, and compelling content to explore ideas within the context of the discipline and shape the whole work.
Uses appropriate and relevant content to develop and explore ideas through most of the work.
- Uses appropriate and relevant content to develop simple ideas in some parts of the work.
Genre and Disciplinary Conventions (10%): Formal and informal rules inherent in the expectations for writing in particular forms and/or academic fields (please see glossary).
- Demonstrates detailed attention to and successful execution of a wide range of conventions particular to a specific discipline and/or writing task (s) including organization, content, presentation, formatting, and stylistic choices
- Demonstrates consistent use of important conventions particular to a specific discipline and/or writing task(s), including organization, content, presentation, and stylistic choices
- Follows expectations appropriate to a specific discipline and/or writing task(s) for basic organization, content, and presentation
- Attempts to use a consistent system for basic organization and presentation.
Sources and Evidence (30%)
- Demonstrates skillful use of high-quality, credible, relevant sources to develop ideas that are appropriate for the discipline and genre of the writing
- Demonstrates consistent use of credible, relevant sources to support ideas that are situated within the discipline and genre of the writing.
- Demonstrates an attempt to use credible and/or relevant sources to support ideas that are appropriate for the discipline and genre of the writing.
- Demonstrates an attempt to use sources to support ideas in the writing.
Control of Syntax and Mechanics (10%)
- Uses graceful language that skillfully communicates meaning to readers with clarity and fluency, and is virtually error-free.
- Uses straightforward language that generally conveys meaning to readers. The language in the portfolio has few errors.
- Uses language that generally conveys meaning to readers with clarity, although writing may include some errors.
- Uses language that sometimes impedes meaning because of errors in usage.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post who organization appeared first on Custom Nursing Help.