M. tuberculosis can be transmitted in virtually any setting. Clinicians should be aware that transmission has been documented in healthcare settings where healthcare workers and patients come in contact with persons with infection.
• Describe the factors that determine the infectiousness of
• Explain the main goals of a TB infection control program;
• Discuss the three levels of an effective TB infection control program;
• Explain the purpose and the characteristics of a TB airborne infection isolation room; and
• Describe the circumstances when respirators and surgical masks should be used.
Before finalizing your work, you should: