Order DescriptionAssignment 2: Assessment Data Analysis and Intervention Program This is not an essay so do not write an introduction or conclusion. You will submit ONE document; all components are embedded in it. Word count: Questions 5, 6, & 7 (1 800-2 000 words).
1. Download (from FLO) 25 randomly assigned test sheets for: Numeration and Addition OR Subtraction. Enter 25 students’ results on each of the appropriate Excel spreadsheets that can be downloaded from the CD located on the inside back cover of your textbook. The top rows are already formatted. Be sure to check question numbers as they are not in order across the Excel spreadsheets. Students’ names may be placed in any order. Leave teacher name blank. Leave year level blank.
2. Observations- At the bottom of both Excel spreadsheets write a paragraph (3-5 sentences) under each heading discussing the class data and what it shows about what students already know and need to know e.g., what are the trends in the class Please note: Only discuss what you see in the data and not what you assume.
3. Download Assignment 2 proforma from FLO This is the only submission format that will be accepted for marking. Based on your review of the data select two students (one from each spreadsheet) who you identified as having math difficulties. Do not select complex students as this is your first time practising the process. Record the question responses of your two selected students on the appropriate table. Example of how to complete the tables Numeration: Questions answered correctly Question number What question tested What student knew 1 Material to symbol 2 digit numbers 3 Sequencing 2 digit numbers
Numeration: Questions answered incorrectly Question number What question tested What student needs to know next 2 Language-symbols Teen numbers 4 Sequencing 2 digit numbers
Addition OR Subtraction: Questions answered correctly Question number What question tested What student knew
Addition OR Subtraction: Questions answered incorrectly Question number What question tested What student needs to know next
Questions 4-7: Separately respond for each student 4. Read the Number and Algebra strand of the Australian Curriculum (Version 8). Analyse the student’s test data and indicate on the Australian Curriculum (by shading) where his/her present math skills are placed. Read chapter 13: Recording and reporting assessment results in Krause, Bochner, Duchnese, & McMaugh, Educational Psychology for Learning and Teaching (your set text for topic EDUC2322: Learners and their Development). Review the stakeholders’ assessment needs table (Griffin & Nix 1991 cited in Krause et al.). Read Hattie and Timperley’s article: The Power of Feedback. http://education.qld.gov.au/staff/development/performance/resources/readings/powerfeedback.pdf o Discuss, with reasoning, how the results of the assessments may be recorded and reported to school students and their families to inform them about their progress and to support goal setting.
5. What seems to be the underlying cause of the student’s difficulties Write 1-2 sentences stating what appears to be their fundamental confusion e.g., Anne has difficulty with understanding the value of digits in a number i.e., place value.
6. What math skill/s should be taught next and why Justify why your nominated focus area is so important to teach e.g., place value. You must include at least 3 authoritative sources, 2010 onwards.
7. With comprehensive citation of Booker (2011) and at least 3 authoritative sources, 2010 onwards, discuss teaching approaches, activities, and materials that could be used to teach your student the skill/s you have identified they need to know next. Relate all discussion to what you named in Question 5. Instead of describing materials (e.g., Base 10, 10 frames) you may like to insert a photo from your textbook and embed it into your assignment.