The essay is based on the movie Titanic 1997
– Watch the movie
– Select 1-2 minutes of the entire movie –> be specific and pay close attention to details
– an example of the essay might be focusing on the sounds design, camera angles of the movie, lighting…etc
– I do not want you to write about who were the actors and actresses on the movie (( focus more on the cinemtic point of view ))
Note: this essay is worth 70% of the entire grade of the course, so please it must be well written.
Steps on writing a file paper:
1. Start with a persuasive fact or opinion on the movie. You want to get the reader hooked immediately.
2. Give a clear thesis statement & well-established opinion early on.
3. Write your review.
4. Move beyond the obvious plot analysis –> your point of views of the movie
5. Bring your review full-circle in the ending.
I found this link in Google on how to write a film paper. It covers everything I would like you to follow this guide.
Please let me know if you have any questions!