Identifying ProblemsJanuary 4, 2021
Model Atmospheres From Very Low Mass To Brown Dwarfs & Young PlanetsJanuary 4, 2021
In healthcare, the terms “balanced scorecard” and a “dashboard” are used to describe performance measurement tools that are broad in scope but summarized in a few key indicators. In this assignment, you will create a specific dashboard for an operating unit of a healthcare organization.
- Select and describe a specific healthcare operating unit. Examples are an emergency department, a surgical service, a specific nursing unit, and a physician’s office practice.
- Locate at least three recent (within the past four years) journal articles from professional and peer-reviewed journals that discuss dashboard, balanced scorecard, or performance measurement. Write a brief review of the articles, giving complete citations.
- On the basis of the literature review and your knowledge of the unit, create four categories of measurement. They must include both clinical and financial categories. Describe the categories and write a justification for each.
- For each category, create at least three specific performance measures. For each measure, describe how it is calculated and where the data can be found.
- Explain how the performance measures may change if the unit of analysis is the organization as a whole and not the specific operating unit.
- Present your analysis as a 5-page report in a Microsoft Word document formatted in APA style.
- On a separate page, cite all sources using APA format.
The post Select and describe a specific healthcare operating unit first appeared on The Nursing Tutors.