Analyze the major economic-political and ideological motivesJune 21, 2017
Biological Criminal BehaviorJune 21, 2017
Assignment 1: Application – Pulmonary Function Testing
Patients with respiratory disorders often require short-term and long-term treatment. While short-term treatments may successfully relieve a patient’s current symptoms, long-term treatment and management is a necessary component of the care plan. Prior to establishing a care plan, it is essential to complete a thorough patient evaluation. Patients presenting with symptoms of respiratory disorders such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) frequently require pulmonary function testing. These pulmonary function tests are designed to assess patient lung function. Results of these tests can be used in conjunction with the COPD guidelines to develop effective treatment and management plans for patients.
- Review the COPD guidelines in the Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease article in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Reflect on COPD diagnosis, management, and prevention strategies suggested in the guidelines. Consider how to implement these strategies in a clinical setting.
- Locate and select a case study from a reputable source on a patient whose condition required pulmonary function testing.
- Consider the COPD guidelines for diagnosis and think about a potential diagnosis for the patient in the case study that you selected.
- Reflect on treatment and management options based on the patient’s diagnosis.
Write a 2- to 3-page paper that addresses the following:
- Describe COPD diagnosis, management, and prevention strategies suggested in the COPD guidelines. Explain how to implement these strategies in a clinical setting.
- Explain your diagnosis for the patient in the case study that you selected. Compare the patient’s pulmonary function test results to the COPD guidelines when making your diagnosis.
- Describe treatment and management options based on the patient’s diagnosis.