Select a data review project topic. Then, write a 1–2-page topic description that includes the problem statement and list of supporting references.
GRADING RUBRIC MUST BE FOLLOWED
To prepare for this assessment, read the following documents, linked in the Resources of this unit.
- Data Review Project Overview.
- Project Topic Selection.
The information provided in these two documents will help you in choosing a project of reasonable scope that is central to your career development goals and would be of value to your targeted health care organization. In addition, they provide guidance, recommendations, and examples that are crucial to successfully completing this assessment. You are encouraged to download both the documents and keep them on hand as ready references.
Select your data review project topic, and provide a topic description that includes the problem statement and list of supporting references.
Document Format and Length
- Submit your project topic, problem description, problem statement, and references in a Microsoft Word document, 1–2 pages in length.
- Format your citations and references using APA style.
Note: The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. Be sure that your topic selection process addresses each point, at a minimum. You may also want to read the Project Topic Selection Scoring Guide to better understand how each criterion will be assessed.
- Write a clear, one-sentence problem statement for a proposed project.
- State the issue in the form of a problem and add a citation.
- Identify the key performance indicators and outcome measures for a proposed project.
- Locate authoritative sources on performance measurement.
- Summarize a current and relevant authoritative literature.
- Be concise and substantive. Provide sufficient information in the summary to adequately cover the selected topic.
- Visit the Capella University Library to confirm what sources constitute authoritative literature. The Library Research and Information Literacy Skills page, linked in the Resources of this unit contain useful information on this topic.
- Articulate the value of a proposed project to an organization and to one’s professional health care leadership competency development goals.
- Review the selected organization’s website to determine its vision, mission, culture, strategic focus, and how they provide value to the patients.
- Ensure that you understand what is meant by the term value proposition.
- Consider a strategic, systems perspective when contemplating value to the organization.
- Be sure you have evidence to support your conclusions.
- Combine clear, coherent, and original writing, in APA style, with relevant and credible evidence from the scholarly and professional literature.
- Apply correct APA formatting to your source citations.
- Consider how or why a particular piece of evidence supports your main points, claims, or conclusions.
- Make sure your supporting evidence is clear and explicit.
Project Topic Selection and Focus
This Capella resource contains guidance on choosing your topic.
This will be helpful in reframing your topic as a concise research question is a good approach for focusing your topic into a viable search.
- Focusing Your Search Topic.
Primary Research and Authoritative Sources
This Capella resource is helps to identify original research and contains links to different types of research.
This Capella resource contains information on finding peer-reviewed sources, improving your topic, acquiring research skills and evaluating source quality.
- Library Research and Information Literacy Skills.
This article discusses advanced research techniques that will be helpful in finding and citing relevant, authoritative sources.??
- Bibliography Mining and Cited Reference Searching.
RefWorks is a Capella resource research management tool that helps you collect, organize, and store citations from library databases and other resources.
The following topic areas and articles are useful references that may help you work through the processes of topic selection and drafting and presenting your project proposal.
Health Care Quality
Examines the role of IT with regard to patient flow in hospitals and the implications for efficiency and performance.
- Devaraj, S., Ow, T. T., & Kohli, R. (2013). Examining the impact of information technology and patient flow on healthcare performance: A theory of swift and even flow (TSEF) perspective. Journal of Operations Management 31(4), 181–192.
Defines how competent health care providers can improve health care communication, access, and outcomes, and also encourage patients to participate more fully in their own care.
- Brusin, J. H. (2012). How cultural competency can help reduce health disparities. Radiologic Technology, 84(2), 129–147.
Aids providers in a better understanding of the patient’s perspective on health care quality within the context of data analytics.
- Russell, R. S., Johnson, D. M., & White, S. W. (2015). Patient perceptions of quality: Analyzing patient satisfaction surveys. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 35(8), 1158–1181.
Defines a framework in which information can be generated for use in reporting and informing the public about health care quality.
- van den Heuvel, J., Niemeijer, G. C., & Does, R. J. (2013). Measuring healthcare quality: The challenges. International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, 26(3), 269–278.
Examines different types of organizational activities related to performance measurement and how they lead to improvements.
- Elg, M., Klara, P. B., & Kollberg, B. (2013). Performance measurement to drive improvements in healthcare practice. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 33(11/12), 1623–1651.
Facilitating Change and Improvement
This study reveals that organizational support risks influence both the overall change project performance and process performance with recommendations on how to mitigate risks in change projects.
- Jurisch, M. C., Rosenberg, Z., & Krcmar, H. (2016). Emergent risks in business process change projects. Business Process Management Journal, 22(4), 791–811.
This study discusses drivers and challenges facing quality initiatives implementation in healthcare organizations and compares findings with those of a questionnaire.
- Abdallah, A. (2014). Implementing quality initiatives in healthcare organizations: Drivers and challenges. International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, 27(3), 166–181.
This article discusses how one organization shifted from a top down approach to a transformational one with different techniques.
- Brickman, J. (2016, November 23). How to get health care employees onboard with change. Retrieved from https://hbr.org/2016/11/how-to-get-health-care-emp…
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post project topic selection 1 appeared first on Custom Nursing Help.