Role of biomimicry/Southern California wildfires/The effects of the CA drought/Water pollution, or air pollution/How environmental decay causes emigration/The environmental effect of immigration (refugee camps, etc.)/-Globalization issues such as the cost to the environment when jobs are outsourced to places with little environmental oversight, or the ethics of outsourcing to places with little or no oversight for workers (unsafe working conditions such as Apple’s Foxcomm in China, or the building collapse in Bangladesh that killed 1,135 workers)/The degradation and loss of the tropical rainforests/The health of the Endangered Species Act (is it working? What is its prognosis under the current administration? /If you like the ocean or surfing, you can investigate ocean over-fishing, the dying coral reefs, or the giant vortex of garbage in the Pacific.April 8, 2021
discussion 1741April 8, 2021
Case study assigned:
Patient AO has a history of obesity and has recently gained 9 pounds. The patient has been diagnosed with hypertension and hyperlipidemia. Drugs currently prescribed include the following:
- atenolol 12.5 mg daily
- doxazosin 8 mg daily
- hydralazine 10 mg qid
- sertraline 25 mg daily
- simvastatin 80 mg daily
- Review the Resources for this module and consider the impact of potential pharmacotherapeutics for cardiovascular disorders introduced in the media piece.
- Review the case study assigned by your Instructor for this Assignment.
- Select one the following factors: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, or behavior factors.
- Reflect on how the factor you selected might influence the patient’s pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes.
- Consider how changes in the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes might impact the patient’s recommended drug therapy.
- Think about how you might improve the patient’s drug therapy plan based on the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic changes. Reflect on whether you would modify the current drug treatment or provide an alternative treatment option for the patient.
Write 3 +page paper that addresses the following:
- Explain how the factor you selected might influence the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes in the patient from the case study you were assigned.
- Describe how changes in the processes might impact the patient’s recommended drug therapy. Be specific and provide examples.
- Explain how you might improve the patient’s drug therapy plan and explain why you would make these recommended improvements.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Pharmacotherapy For Cardiovascular Disorders appeared first on Nursing Experts Help.