Movie Analysis Paper (20 points): Select a movie that focuses on a particular stage of development. Your task will be to identify concepts/theories that are discussed in the text and indicate the extent to which the movie has accurately portrayed your developmental stage of interest. (PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS)
1. Select a film and get permission to proceed to watch the film. Submit your movie for approval via Canvas – APPROVED
2. View the Movie – PLS VIEW IT TOO
3. Summarize the storyline and main characters (1 page Max – PLS FOCUS ON THIS) – Very Important
4. Identify three concepts that are covered in the text regarding your selected stage of development (Hint: create a header in your paper for each theme, e.g., Parenting Style, Attachment, Friendship in Adolescence) (THIS IS ALREADY DONE & APPROVED, ATTACHED BELOW) -they are attachment, parenting styles, perception.
5. For each concept briefly summarize what psychologists empirically know about this concept (cite the text or other sources for the information) and then discuss how each theme was portrayed in the film. Were they accurate depictions of the concept?
6. View the movie again. Did you miss anything?
7. Write a conclusion. Include what you would add or change about the film to reflect the empirical understanding of development. Also note whether or not you are left with any questions about the concepts you chose. If not, tell why not and if you are, what questions remain?
8. Avoid Plagiarism! Create a reference page and make sure that you cite your work throughout the paper, following APA format. (NOTE: You may simply use your textbook and the movie. Using additional sources is not required)
· The report should be typed in black, 12-point, Times New Roman font
· Include an APA-formatted title page.
· NO abstract is required.
· Reports should include headers for each of the 5 required section
o Movie Summary
o Concepts/Theories (one for each; there should be at least 3)
o Conclusion (Include proposed changes/Remaining Questions).
· Paraphrase! Do not include any direct quotes from your references unless you are defining a term.
· APA-style References
o At the end there should be a reference page (include at least the movie and your textbook)
o For every citation in the text, the source should be on the reference page.
o Do not include any sources on the reference page that you did not actually cite in the paper.
· The paper should be 4-5 pages (the title and reference pages do NOT count toward the page requirement). There will be a penalty for papers that are too long (more than 5 pages) or too short (fewer than 4).
· Use 1” margins
· Double-space the paper
· Your writing should be formal and professional. Your work should not read like a casual conversation you would have with a friend.
· Avoid using contractions (e.g., write “cannot” instead of “can’t”)
· Paper should be in APA format. For more style help, visit this website: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/section/2/10/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
The post Movie Summary & Thematic Analysis/Psychology/4 pgs/APA/Journal References appeared first on essaylords.us.