Journal: Positive Social Change – An Evolving Perspective
To prepare for this Assignment:
• Review Walden University’s General Education Learning Outcome: “Change” in the Syllabus. Consider how the General Education DEEP-C model contributed to your ability to discover and evaluate ideas from different perspectives, and is instrumental in your progress toward achieving personal goals and effecting positive social change.
• Revisit definitions of social responsibility shared in the Week 1 Discussion in light of all the information you have considered throughout this course.
• Read Chapters 11 and 12 in the Loeb (2010) course text.
• Reflect on the exercise in collective action represented by the Group Project. Think about the benefits collective action offers for accomplishing the goals of the Group Project.
Write a 3- to 4-paragraph journal entry in which you briefly analyze the value of collective action in working toward social change.
• Describe how your perspective has evolved or changed through this course and how you believe it will continue to evolve after the course.
• How has this experience influenced your ability to create positive social change beyond the term of this course?
• Loeb, P. R. (2010). Soul of a citizen: Living with conviction in challenging times (Rev. ed.). New York, NY: St. Martin’s Griffin.
o Chapter 11, “Coping With Burnout” (pp. 287–315)
o Chapter 12, “The Fullness of Time” (pp. 316–353
• Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2011). Communication for social change process [Interactive media]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of each of these media pieces is 3 minutes.
• Loeb, P. R. (n.d.). Soul of a citizen. Retrieved November 11, 2012,from http://www.paulloeb.org/soul.html
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Journal: Positive Social Change – An Evolving Perspective – GradSchoolPapers.com appeared first on The Nursing TermPaper.