1. USE THE INFORMATION FROM YOUR ASSIGNED READINGS TO REVIEW THE MISSION, VISION, VALUES, AND STATED GOALS OF THE ORGANIZATION WHERE YOU ARE EMPLOYED. YOU MAY FIND THE INFORMATION ON YOUR HOSPITAL’S WEBSITE OR YOU MAY WISH TO EXPLORE THIS WITH ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF OF YOUR ORGANIZATION. IF YOU ARE NOT EMPLOYED, YOU MAY FIND THIS INFORMATION FROM THE WEBSITE OF A HOSPITAL.
1. Use the information from your assigned readings to review the mission, vision, values, and stated goals of the organization where you are employed. You may find the information on your hospital’s website or you may wish to explore this with administrative staff of your organization. If you are not employed, you may find this information from the website of a hospital.
2. Is there a nursing mission or philosophy in your organization? Is there a unit mission or goal on your unit? If so, are they consistent with those of a larger organization?
3. Describe how the nursing and/or department mission or goal exemplifies the organization. If you do not work on a unit or in a nursing department, choose an area and write what you think the mission or goal should be. Support this with a rationale for your decision.
4. Compare the nursing mission, goals, and values with those of the organization.
5. Describe your individual role in meeting your unit’s or department’s mission or what you believe it should be.
6. Cite a minimum of two ways you believe nursing practice in your institution exemplifies the mission, vision, values, and goals of the organization.
7. Use your analysis to determine ways in which nursing could improve in terms of operationalizing the mission of nursing and/or institution.
The post Is there a nursing mission or philosophy in your organization? Is there a unit mission or goal on your unit? If so, are they consistent with those of a larger organization? appeared first on essaylords.us.