Hi, I need to write a 12 page paper on a topic of interest. Obesity will be the topic of interest for me. I need the references to be current (within 5 to 6 years). I have also provided two references that I have to incorporate into my paper. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me.
Application: Developing a Health Advocacy Campaign
To be an effective advocate and to develop a successful health advocacy campaign, you must have a clear idea of the goals of your campaign program and be able to communicate those goals to others. In addition, it is the nature of nurses to want to help, but it is important to make sure that the vision you develop is manageable in size and scope.
By researching what others have done, you will better appreciate what can realistically be accomplished. It is also wise to determine if others have similar goals and to work with these people to form strategic partnerships. If you begin your planning with a strong idea of your resources, assets, and capabilities, you will be much more likely to succeed and truly make a difference with those you hope to help.
Over the next 3 weeks, you will develop a 9- to 12-page paper that outlines a health advocacy campaign designed to promote policies to improve the health of a population of your choice. (Obesity)
This week, you will establish the framework for your campaign by identifying a population health concern of interest to you. You will then provide an overview of how you would approach advocating for this issue.
In Week 9, you will consider legal and regulatory factors that have an impact on the issue and finally, in Week 10, you will identify ethical concerns that you could face as an advocate. Specific details for each aspect of this paper are provided each week. The Final Paper will be due in Week 10. This paper will serve as the Portfolio Application for the course.
Before you begin, review the complete Assignment.
This week, begin developing your health advocacy campaign by focusing on the following:
Identifying a Problem??To prepare: (Obesity)
• Select a population health issue of interest to you and identify the population affected by the issue.
• Locate two scholarly articles, each of which provides a description of an effective health advocacy program that addresses your issue.
• Analyze the attributes of the programs to determine what made them effective.
• Reflect on a policy you could propose or a change to a current policy to further improve the health of the population you selected with regard to the issue.
• Consider how you could develop an advocacy program, applying the attributes identified in similar, effective programs.
For this section of your paper (approximately 3–4 pages in length) address the following:
• Describe your selected population health issue and the population affected by this issue.
• Summarize the advocacy programs you researched in this area.
• Explain the attributes that made those programs effective.
• Develop a plan for a health advocacy campaign that seeks to create a new policy or change an existing policy with regard to the issue and population you selected. Be sure to include in your plan:
• A description of the public health issue and proposed policy solution
• Specific objectives for the policy you want to be implemented
• The means by which you will convey information to various stakeholders on the need for this policy change
• Be sure your proposed need is substantiated by data and evidence.
• Methods of establishing support for the policy, including how to influence policymakers
Explain how the attributes of the effective advocacy programs you researched could be applied to your proposed advocacy campaign.
The post Identifying a Problem: Identifying Obesity in South Texas/and or Texas.Hi, I need to write a 12 page paper on a topic of interest. Obesity will be the topic of interest for me. appeared first on essaylords.us.