Quiz on Negotiation Work
1. Morton Deutsch was a pioneering social psychologist to whom Dr. Dues gives credit for inventing the one of the primary goals of conflict resolution, a solution in which both parties satisfy their goals. What is the name of that solution, and briefly describe it.
2. In your negotiation exercise in the Sally Soprano case, did you attempt to achieve it?
3. If so, briefly describe the approach you used in the role play of the negotiation.
4. How would you label the solution you and your negotiation partner reached in the Sally Soprano negotiation. Win-Lose, Lose-Lose, or Win-Win.
5. Based upon your reading, the Dues videos and your experience with the Sally Soprano case, please write a brief essay (500-750 words) of your understanding of “win-win” and your opinion of its efficacy in negotiation.