Produce the Assignment submission in a single Microsoft Word or Open
Office document. Be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as
required, check your spelling.
Assignment: Part 1
Observe a first grade classroom AND a second grade classroom for an hour. If this is not possible, then choose an environment where six-yr-olds and seven-yr-olds are located to conduct your two observations (such as a YMCA day camps, park, daycare, home, community center, church, etc.). Preview the prompts below so that you are able to choose a setting that allows you to observe the prompts.
Finally, based on your observations what conclusions can you make about each teacher/adult and his/her approach to promoting language for this age range. How does this affect student achievement? Explain. Make direct connections to what you have learned in this course so far. Provide support for your answers by referencing your readings.
Your essay should be 1250-1500 words and should include at least four (4) citations. The sections should be clearly marked with headings so that your instructor knows which points you are addressing. Follow the guidelines for APA writing style. The title page and references page so not count towards the minimum word amount for this assignment.
Assignment: Part 2
1. Name the four databases that are important in a child’s developing cognition. Give a specific example from each one of what a child would have to know in order to differentiate between a spider and an insect.
2. Discuss the pros and cons of children using computers in the early childhood classroom.
3. Describe the effects of elevated stress hormones on the young child’s brain.
4. Explain the difference between receptive and expressive vocabulary.
5. Language can be used for a variety of purposes. Name at least 4 of those purposes.
6. How is the quality of language development affected by children’s early experiences?
7. It is important to emphasize learning goals rather than performance goals and drill with all children; however, this is particularly true when working with second-language learners. Why?
8. What is the relationship between sounds and letters in the written language known as?
1. Before children ever enter school, there are a number of factors that either enhance or deter their abilities to be successful learners. What are these? What ideas do you have about ways in which deterrents can be stemmed?
2. In what ways can mathematics and science be integrated in the classroom? Provide examples and discuss why integration of these two subjects is important.
3. Describe classroom practices that enhance or deter children’s abilities to become independent thinkers and lifelong learners. Be specific.
4. Children enrolled in educational programs who are ESL, NEP, of LEP are increasing and need active support. Discuss how you would approach the support of these children in your classroom.
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Hhow do you fit cognitive and language domains in primary years appeared first on Top Premier Essays.