For Assignment 1, Milestone 1, you created Writing Notes that helped you to consider how the following critical elements related to your persuasive essay topic:
Assignment 1, Milestone 1, Writing Notes that I created, that you would need to read in order to answer each question or do the assignment. please make sure that you include the following listed below addressing the arguments, the key points, the audience, the goal, the potential resources, evidence, the feedback, and revision.
Now it’s time to revisit your Writing Notes and revise your responses to produce a complete, polished document that addresses all of the above elements. By reconsidering your responses from your Writing Notes, you will construct a Writing Plan. This process will allow you to develop a potential structure for effectively persuading readers to agree with your argument. This plan will be helpful in keeping your thought process on track when you begin writing and revising your essay.
Constructing Your Writing Plan
Answer each of the questions below. Your responses for this Writing Plan should reflect the new ideas that may have come about as a result of your work in this module on evaluating sources and annotating those sources. Each response should be one fully developed paragraph in length (5-8 sentences).
As you work on the Writing Plan, remember to refer to the assignment guidelines and rubric (click here) to make sure you’re fulfilling each aspect of the assignment. You can also download/print the rubric.
Your responses will be saved to the NOTEBOOK, which can be found under the “Course Tools” menu. You can also download all of your responses to a single Word document by following the directions at the bottom of this page.
The next activity uses a rich text area. You can tab to the editor body. Press ALT-F10 to get to the toolbar. Press ESC to return to the editor body. A save button is available in the TOPtoolbar all the way to the right and will become visible when it receives focus.
1. What is the argument you will be addressing in your persuasive essay Explain how the argument is derived from your major, the major you are considering pursuing, or your field of work.
2. What are three possible key points for your selected topic How do they support your main argument
3. Who is the audience that will be reading your essay What potential challenges will you have supporting your argument with this demographic
4. What goal do you hope to accomplish with this essay What will this essay need to be successful
5. Potential resources are pieces of evidence that could be used to support your argument. Provide a BRIEF description of the sources that you used for the Annotations activity earlier in this module and explain how they will reinforce your argument.
6. Explain how the key points of your argument align with the supporting resources you just described in Question #5.
7. Based on your argument, describe where integrating evidence would be most effective and explain why.
8. Describe a revision strategy that would be most effective in informing you while writing this essay. Why would this strategy be effective
9. How can your own writing improve from receiving feedback from an outside party How can that feedback be integrated