Design a logical and physical topographical layoutJune 21, 2017
Write an essay on the quran and prophet muhammadJune 21, 2017
Compare and Contrast Psychoanalytic, Adlerian and Existential Approaches – Draft Submission Due Week 5
For this learning activity you will complete and submit a rough draft (Don’t worry it is not graded!) of the assignment by the end of week 5
. Once it is submitted as a draft, M2 Discussion 2 – Peer Review of Compare and Contrast Paper
will open and you can then read what others have posted. You can use week 6
of the course to get and offer feedback to your classmates in order to perfect your papers.
At the end of week 6
your completed essay is due in the M2 Assignment 2 – Compare and Contrast Psychoanalytic, Adlerian and Existential Approaches – Final Submission page. The Assignment instructions are as follows:
After viewing the three video demonstrations of Stan with Dr Corey using Psychoanalytic, Adlerian, and Existential therapies, compare and contrast the three different approaches by answering the following:
- Identify the main techniques and theoretical concepts of the approach that were demonstrated in each video. How were these techniques similar and how were they different?
- Note: You can use and should expand upon what you originally identified in your main post to M2 Discussion 1.
- Using each theoretical model, describe the main issues that Stan or Dr Corey identified and/or explored in each session? How did Corey help Stan identify and discuss each issue?
- Please cite the video and the time stamp where this occurred.
- Identify specific techniques of each theoretical approach that appeared to be effective with Stan.
- Identify which, if any, techniques did not appear as effective with Stan or might have been more be effective if introduced in a later session? Be specific as to why you believe each was effective or not effective by citing examples of the method and Stan’s response/behavior.Please cite the video and the time stamp where this occurred.
- Briefly describe a population or populations you know and/or serve. What aspects of the therapy would work well with them? What aspects would not work so well? Give specific reasons for your conclusions based on such considerations as the intellectual capacity of your clients, the desired outcomes for counseling, cultural or ethnic considerations, time constraints, or other factors you consider relevant.
- What client populations or issues would be best served by these methods and techniques? Give two or three thoughtful reasons for your answer.
- What would you have done differently if you were counseling Stan using each of these 3 approaches? Explain your reasoning and back it up with the text or another resource.
- Finally, which of these 3 approaches seemed to feel like a “good fit” for you, which was your second choice? Explain your reasoning.
For assistance with writing a compare and contrast essay examine M1 Content Guide 2 – What defines Comparing and Contrasting and review How to Write a Compare and Contrast Essay.
The intent of the written assignment is to provide an opportunity to more fully compare, contrast, and analyze these three major counseling theories and techniques, discussed in the textbook and other sources. Be sure to cite any and all sources correctly so that your academic integrity is not called into question. The Library Resources and Academic Integrity resources will assist you in successfully completing written assignments.
Your assignment is expected to be 750-1000 words, no more than 1500. It should be well written and organized, in APA format, using proper sentence structure and spellchecked. For further explanation please see the Writing Rubric page of the course information documents.