Circuit City was an American consumer electronics company founded by Samuel Wurtzel in 1949. By 1990s, Circuit City became the second largest consumer electronics store in the United States with annual sales of $12 billion. On March 8 2009, Circuit City shut down all its stores.
On January 8th at the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Circuit City CEO announced a comeback and relaunch of Circuit City into “a dynamic, a social-focused e-commerce site” and a new business strategy for its retail stores12.
In this case, study, assume that Circuit City hired you as the new chief information officer (CIO) to help relaunch the company into a global e-commerce multinational company.
1. History of Circuit City
2. What were the issues and challenges that caused the collapse of Circuit City in 2009?
3. What are the issues and challenges with Circuit City 2018 latest e-commerce initiative?
4. Discuss the major competitors in global e-commerce.
5. How would IT deliver value to the business?
6. Proposed the IT infrastructure required to support global e-commerce
7. Proposed the IT budget for the e-commerce initiative
8. Discuss the IT based risks associated with global e-commerce
9. Discuss how IT can leverage innovative technologies such as social media, big data and business intelligence to provide value to the business
10. Discuss the future or emerging technologies that would be leveraged to give Circuit City a competitive advantage.
Note: Your initial post will be your answer to the Question and is to be 10 pages or 2500 words with at least two references. Initial post will be graded on length, content, grammar and use of references. References should always be below each question as they are a different topic and not related in any way.
Please minimum 5 peer-reviewed references apart from the given references.