NRS490 Grand Canyon Impact of Nurse Shortage on Quality of Healthcare DiscussionJanuary 27, 2021
Healthcare Policy and Law Discussion 1January 27, 2021
- Identify the research design used by Larsson et al (2005). Evaluate whether this research design is appropriate for this study. Include discussion of strengths and weaknesses as it relates to this specific study.
- Describe the sampling method used by Larsson et al (2005). Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the sampling method as it relates to this specific study.
- In the study conducted by Larsson et al (2005), did the researchers have sufficient statistical power to detect an association between autism risk and preeclampsia? Provide support for your answer by including alpha and effect sizes (i.e. phi and measure of association). Also reference the statistical calculator used.
- How much statistical power did the researchers have to detect a statistically significant association between the risk of autism and low Apgar score at five minutes? Provide support for your answer by including the alpha and effect sizes. Also reference the statistical calculator used.
- If a researcher received a large grant to conduct further studies on the association between psychiatric history and autism risk (to address the issues posed in the Discussion section), what recommendations would you make regarding study design, sampling method, and sample size? Why?
The post Case 4 DHS 652 Identify the research design used by Larsson et al first appeared on The Nursing Tutors.